Douglas M. Neistat
Back to People Page
Douglas M. Neistat is Of Counsel to G&B Law, LLP and practices in all aspects of business formation, restructuring, liquidation, financing and reorganization. Mr. Neistat is experienced in establishing business entities, securing funding through venture capital and lending sources, as well as in business operating and regulatory issues, and merger and acquisition transactions. His clients include real estate developers and investors, building contractors, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, medical service providers, high income individuals and entrepreneurs. Mr. Neistat has been recognized as a Super Lawyer from 2013-2016 for his work in Bankruptcy.
Confirmed Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization for major Southern California public works building contractor, which allowed for successful completion of more than $150 million of work in progress.
Reorganized the television subscriber cable service to over 9,000 residents in Ventura County and the sale of the company’s assets at a price that allowed for full payment to creditors and a significant return of equity to the owners of the company.
Coordinated the sale of an insurance and annuity firm to a NYSE company; closing the transaction at a price and on terms exceeding the expectations of the sellers.
Sourced private placement funding for a technology-based company capitalized at just under $40 million.
Developed expertise in the regulatory framework and practical issues associated with crowdfunding under both Title IV and III of the JOBS Act, with particular emphasis on representation of entrepreneurs qualified to seek funding under the new law for existing or new business.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1972
- B.A., California State University, Northridge, 1969
- State of California
- United States District Courts in California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2013-2020 Super Lawyer, Los Angeles Magazine
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, California Bankruptcy Forum
- Certified Mediator, United States Bankruptcy Court
- Expert witness and arbitrator, International Court of Arbitration
- Appointed Member and Bankruptcy Expert, Financial Counseling Team, Los Angeles Police Department